META-GREEN Thin Pour
|Quick Casting – Zero Shrinkage|
|Physical Properties & Applications|
|Mix Time||30 - 45 Seconds|
|Working Time||2 Minutes|
|Setting Time||5 - 6 Minutes|
|Tear Strength||44 lbs/sq. Inch|
|Durometer||30 (At 15 Minutes)|
Thin Pour Physical Properties – Determined at 23°C (72°F) (Tested according to ISO 4823)
Base Paste – Appearance - Homogenous blue-colored runny paste, Filling loading approximately 25% silicon dioxide.
Catalyst Paste – Appearance - Homogeneous, yellow-colored runny paste, filling loading approximately 25% silicon dioxide.
Mixed Material – Appearance - Homogenous green-colored runny paste.
- 30 seconds, larger masses may take up to 60 seconds
- Working time (prior to gelation) 4.0 - 4.5 minutes
- 8 – 9 minutes. Varies with ambient temperature. Warmer temperatures accelerate the setting time. Cooler temperatures slow the setting time.
Compression Set (Recovery from deformation) – 0.5%.
Strain in Compression (A modified Modulus of Elasticity) – 6 - 7%.
- After 24 hours - 0.50% Change (negative 0.50% change) this means it shrinks 0.50%
- After 7 days - 0.50% Change (negative 0.50% change) this means it shrinks 0.50%
Tear Strength – 200 psi
Flash Point of the Polymers Used – 130°C (266°F)
Ignition Temperature of the Polymers Used – 70°C (878°F)
Fully set material may be autoclaved, but its dimensional stability may be compromised. If allowed to return to room temperature, it should return to the original shape.
Since the material is hydrophobic, immersion in disinfectants is acceptable. The surface color may change due to the disinfectants used.
You can take impressions of:
- All Metals
- Non Metals
- Paper or Cardboard Items
- Ceramic and Glass items
Other Uses Include:
- Fixturing where the semi-rigid structure is desired.
- Making joints where flexibility is required.
- The replica is easy to remove - even if there are undercuts or grooves.
- Cross-sectioning of the replica is easily accomplished with a knife or razor.
- It can then be checked on an optical comparator or microscope.
- Surface finish replication is exact with excellent optical properties.
- Replicas are permanent - will not leach or ooze out nor outgas.
- Wood, Marble, etc.
- All Plastics