Brinell Hardness Test Block
- Dimensions for the most common blocks will be 6" x 2" x 3/4"
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Compliant with the latest Brinell ASTM E10 Brinell Revisions
- Brinell Test block surface is lapped and polished providing superior testing accuracy
- Special heat treat process insures maximum consistency and repeatability
- Brinell test blocks certified in our ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory
- Easy to read grain free surface
- Highest quality de-carb free tool steel and aluminum
- In stock for immediate delivery
- ISO 6506 Accredited
- Test measurement equipment is calibrated and traceable to NIST
- Free long form test block certificate with NIST traceability
- Brinell Test Blocks are provided within a range of +/- 10 points
Brinell Test Blocks is used to calibrate portable, bench and production Brinell hardness testers. Each Brinell test block is heat treated in a computer-controlled vacuum heat treat furnace to insure maximum consistency and repeatability. They are then blanched; ground, hand lapped and diamond polished providing you with impressions that are easy to read with precision accuracy.
Brinell test blocks are calibrated with five impressions and certified in accordance to ASTM E-10 and ISO 6506 on hardness testers calibrated and traceable to NIST. The arithmetic mean of the five impressions is inscribed on the block both in BHN Hardness and diameter in millimeters. Each test block is calibrated with Tungsten carbide indenters. HB30 designates 3000 kg / 10 mm ball - the most common Brinell scale, HB5 designates 500 kg /10 mm ball and HB15 designates 1500 kg / 10 mm ball.
Final inspection of Brinell test blocks are performed in our state of the art ISO 17025 accredited laboratories. All test blocks are manufactured in accordance with the latest ASTM E10 Brinell revisions. Each test block comes with a long form certificate of calibration verifying the readings and that the test measurement equipment used was calibrated and traceable to NIST. Available in steel or aluminum in hardness ranges of HB75 to HB525. Test block dimensions: Length 6" (15.24 cm), Width 2 ½” (5.08 cm), Thickness 5/8" (1.59 cm)
International (ISO) and European (CEN) Standard
EN ISO 6506-1 : Metallic materials - Brinell hardness test - Part 1 : test method.
EN ISO 6506-2 : Metallic materials - Brinell hardness test - Part 2 : verification and calibration of testing machine.
EN ISO 6506-3 : Metallic materials - Brinell hardness test - Part 3 : calibration of reference blocks
US standard (ASTM International)
ASTM E10 : : Standard method for Brinell hardness of metallic materials